Collection of information
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. Generally, we will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily submit it to us by:
- providing your information by form, telephone or facsimile;
- sending us an email;
- sending us information via the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website; and/or
- sending us personal information when using any part of our website.
There may be occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources such as
- your employer where they are our client;
- your representatives, agents or referral partners;
- a related body corporate or business partner or associate of SVX’s customers; and/or
- a publicly available record.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- your name and birth date;
- your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses;
We will generally hold your personal information as either physical record, records on our servers, and in some cases, records on third party servers.
We may use this information for internal purposes, including administering our services, diagnosing problems, generating statistics and trends, and improving the quality of our products and services.
Use and disclosure of information
When will we use and disclose your information?
In general, we will collect, hold, use or disclose personal information for a number of purposes including (but not limited to):
- to provide technology services and solutions;
- to respond to requests or queries;
- to maintain contact with our clients;
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services and industry developments;
- for administrative purposes;
- when engaging service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business;
- to conduct surveys;
- for seeking your feedback;
- to meet any regulatory obligations;
- as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, merger or acquisition; and/or
- for any other business related purposes.
Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to protect our rights or property and that of our users and, where appropriate, to comply with legal processes, which may include disclosures to law enforcement, regulatory or government agencies.
Cross border disclosures of information
SVX complies with the Australian Privacy Principles on cross-boarder disclosures of information.
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided to us from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Visitors’ questions and complaints
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you believe that we have not adequately handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
For further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au
This policy was last updated in July 2017